Program Assistant II
Requisition ID: 23953
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh, Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Program Assistant II works under the direction of a supervisor in planning and implementing a special event or program area organized by a recreation centre.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, and a strong appreciation for recreation. This position performs routine recreational work including supervision of recreational programs and opening and lockup of the facility. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and as a team member. This position monitors the safety and behaviour of the participants in facility programs or activities; assists in carrying out special events; and performs a variety of routine clerical and reception duties. Hours of work will vary and may include evening and/orweekend shifts.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 and some related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Completion of, or registration in an approved diploma program in Recreation or a related discipline is preferred
- A minimum of six months part-time experience in Recreation or a relevant field is preferred
- Standard or Emergency First Aid with CPR-C required
A Class 4 driver’s license is considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the behaviour, needs, and interests typical of participants of all ages
- Working knowledge of the practices, procedures and equipment used in recreational programs and activities
- Working knowledge of the safety practices, policies, regulations and rules applicable to the work performed
- Some knowledge of the fundamentals of program leadership
- Some knowledge of office practices and procedures
- The ability to effectively monitor activities and behaviour of participants
- The ability to assist in the planning and carrying out of special events or programs
- The ability to lead groups and provide basic skills instruction in various activities
- The ability to collect fees, issue receipts, and balance cash
- The ability to provide first aid as required
- The ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other facility staff
The ability to ensure the care, welfare, safety and security of community centre patrons is prioritised
A Police Record Check is a requirement of this position. A clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
Business Unit/Department: Board of Parks & Recreation (1400)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Parks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: February 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-012: $22.48 to $26.36 per hour
Number of Positions: Multiple
Application Close: January 17, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE