Job title: Ready Mix Truck Driver
Job description: Subsidiary: Terus Construction Ltd.
Terus Construction Ltd. is an integrated road construction and materials manufacturing company, which has been building roads in British Columbia and the Yukon Territory for over 30 years through decentralized business centers.
Road construction, asphalt paving, aggregate production, hot mix asphalt and ready-mix concrete supply are the core activities. In addition, the Company acts as general contractor on civil construction projects, including excavation, utilities, concrete placement, sidewalks, and curbs, and in all kind of road construction related activities.
Over 800 jobs every year are performed through more than 20 decentralized business centers, such as highway rehabilitation, airport construction, industrial, municipal and commercial work, subdivisions. More than 550 employees are locally employed.
Terus Construction provides challenging and rewarding opportunities in an entrepreneurial, diverse, inclusive and respectful work environment. As our growth creates new career opportunities, likely there is the right one for you
Golden Concrete, part of the Terus Construction Ltd. group, is seeking a Ready Mix Drivers for its Golden operation. Terus Construction Ltd. is a leader in the construction industry in British Columbia and the Yukon.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to operate Ready Mix Truck
- Complete driving assignments in a timely and safe manner.
- The applicant must be able to lift and move product sometimes involving strenuous labour.
- Ability to work extended hours & irregular days with irregular breaks.
- Will be required to maintain necessary logs, driving records and DOT certifications.
- Complete Daily pre and post trip inspections of vehicle.
- Complete all other tasks assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Perform a variety of tasks as needed or required when not delivering concrete.
- Must be willing to travel and work out town occasionally when required or necessary.
- Have at a minimum an active Class 3 licence (preference to Class1)
- Pass a MVR and a Drug Test
- Experience operating a Ready Mix Truck or Gravel truck in construction areas is preferred.
- Ability to perform manual labor.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies.
- Work overtime as required.
- Position requires that you be able to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Organized and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Report to the assigned job site in proper attire and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
Terus Construction Ltd. offers opportunities for qualified people who want to grow in our high performance organization including competitive salary and benefits package, along with in house training, an incredible work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Must be able to meet all safety requirements including pre-employment drug/alcohol testing.
We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume. However only applicants selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Location: Gander, NL
Job date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 06:23:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE