Job title: Senior Paralegal, US Business Immigration
Job description: The opportunity
As a Senior Paralegal you will be a part of the U.S. Business Immigration team working in affiliation with EY Law LLP. EY’s global alliance of independent law firms cooperate with our offices worldwide to provide our clients with integrated, quality service. The firm’s comprehensive range of U.S. business immigration services include non-immigrant, labor certification and immigrant visa (green card) processing for employers and their employees, Immigrant Visa Petitions, PERM Labor Certification Applications, Permanent Resident Applications, and providing top-notch U.S. immigration advisory services where they are needed, including immigration program advisory, I-9, FDNS reviews and other advisory assistance. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Your key responsibilities
As an experienced Paralegal, you will support multiple and challenging US business immigration engagements and contribute to the delivery of solutions and ideas for our diverse institutional clients.
- Speaking with HR representatives of corporate clients and employees (applicants) to obtain information to assist in drafting applications
- Follow-up with applicants and HR contacts to obtain copies of visas/documents
Communicating with other professional and support staff at EY Law:
- Ensure that lawyers are always advised of client related issues that come to the attention of the paralegal
- Participate actively in meetings of the professional staff of EY Law
- Apply knowledge of immigration processing categories and requirements for each category
- On instruction from the lawyer, research current processing requirements at service centres/consulates etc.
- Collect information from HR contact and applicant via email and phone
- Using available resources, draft complete application packages for review by the supervising lawyer
- Make revisions to drafts
- Ensure that applications are filed in a timely manner
- Meet with lawyers to discuss questions raised by the client and then relate information back to the HR contact/applicant
- Draft emails in response to queries by clients
- Delegate appropriate work to legal assistants, including: drafting of forms, copying of documents, and sending out packages
- Follow-up with immigration authorities on pending applications
- Enter and monitor expiration dates for applicants’ status in tracking system
- Review expiration reports
- Notify clients of upcoming extensions
- Keep individual client status charts updated (where required)
- May be required to attend seminars and professional development courses that are relevant to his/her area of specialty
To qualify for the role you must have
- Undergraduate University Degree, College Diploma, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of US Business Immigration experience
- Must be highly organized and an effective communicator
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture – built on high-performance teaming – where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It’s one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 23:11:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE