Job title: SNAP Urban Forest Outreach Team Leader
Job description: Surrey’s Natural Areas Partnership (SNAP) is a unique partnership between three local non-profit organizations and the City of Surrey. SNAP’s goals are to restore and enhance Surrey’s urban forest; to promote environmental stewardship; and to empower youth as future leaders in environmental conservation.
The Urban Forest Outreach Team Leader will their Team Member to carry out public outreach duties (e.g. park hosting and roving) in Surrey parks and develop educational materials. This is a field-based position.
- Assist with the supervision, scheduling, training, and evaluation of their team member
- Communicate with the public as an ambassador of SNAP and our partner organizations
- Ensure work is completed in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain accurate daily records, track project deliverables, provide updates to supervisors
- Develop educational materials about Surrey parks
- Other related duties as required
- Some post-secondary study in a related field such as education, urban forestry or environmental studies
- Supervisory and/or leadership experience
- Experience in a communications or educational role (preferably in an environmental organization)
- Strong public relations, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of ecological principles
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to perform repetitive work in all weather conditions
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s licence with a safe driving history, and willingness to submit a driver’s abstract
- Valid level 1 First Aid certification (or willingness to obtain prior to the start of employment)
- Completion of a Police Information Check will be required as a condition of employment
- Fluency in additional languages, particularly Punjabi, is an asset
- As a condition of pending Canada Summer Jobs program funding (note, these criteria are subject to change):
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada and BC
- Submit a cover letter expressing why you are interested in the position and how you meet our required qualifications
- Submit a resume that clearly outlines your relevant work and volunteer experience
- Ensure the subject line of your email reads “Urban Forest Outreach Team Leader – [first and last name]”
- Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by July 13, 2020
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on the SNAP program, please visit our website: www.surreysnaturalareaspartnership.com.
You must to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
Upload Resume (optional)
Upload your resume or any other relevant file. Max. file size: 8 MB.
Are you human?
You can apply to this job and others using your online resume. Click the link below to submit your online resume and email your application to this employer.
Location: Surrey, BC
Job date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 00:19:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE