Job title: Structural Project Leader in Mont-Saint-Hilaire for BBA inc
Job description: Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada’s Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
By joining our Structural team, you will be asked to contribute to the various stages of project execution at the Raglan Mine, property of the Glencore group. Among your duties, you will need to manage the engineering and construction for structural projects. Your tasks will range from proposal and detailed engineering to site surveys and monitoring. You will oversee the preparation of plans, lists of materials, technical specifications and estimates. You will also be required to manage technical projects, ensure the quality of service from professionals and contractors, and maintain strong ties with client stakeholders.
The work is in fly-in fly-out mode. You will be supported by the Greater Montréal Structural team, which includes over 35 structural engineers and technicians.
More specifically, in joining our team, you’ll be asked to:
- Serve as technical leader in the multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure plans and specifications are respected during construction work at the site.
- Maintain friendly, close relationships with clients or their representatives.
- Participate in the design review of building foundations and structures.
- Coordinate design activities for the Structural discipline.
- Participate in drafting technical specifications and reports.
- Perform quality control for the work of technicians and drafters.
- Help prepare estimates, schedules and budgets.
- Contribute to work planning, organization and evaluation.
- Perform on-site work supervision.
- Carry out other technical duties to assist with projects.
Work Schedule: 37.5
- Attention to detail and meticulous work
- Excellent aptitude for teamwork and maintaining positive ties with coworkers
- Creative and innovative in finding solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Building Engineering
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- Knowledge of structural analysis software
- Ability to read drawings
- Knowledge of work site supervision
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
- Proficiency in technical writing
- Asset: Bilingual (English and French)
BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.
Location: Mont-Saint-Hilaire, QC
Job date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 08:13:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE