Trades II – Mason
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
The Trades II Mason undertakes maintenance and minor new construction for stone, block, or brick structures such as seawalls, retaining walls, interior/exterior block and brick walls, and chimneys. This position supervises one or more assistants.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Cuts, dresses, and sets stone walls, facades, curbs in new construction or repairs
- Constructs/repairs brick and block walls
- Lays out and aligns all above work from blueprints, sketches, and oral and written instruction and utilizes appropriate survey equipment
- Supervising a crew of one or more assistants.
- Orders all materials and equipment necessary to complete the assignment.
- Maintains contact with designers, architects, engineers, and clients.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Completion of 10th grade including or supplemented by related technical courses. Completion of a recognized trades apprenticeship or a Trades Qualification and considerable general experience as a mason
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in stonemasonry, bricklaying and associated concrete work.
- Considerable knowledge of the hazards and proper safety precautions of the trade.
- Working knowledge of Park Board policy regarding construction and maintenance of stone, brick, and cement work.
- Ability to lay out work from blueprints, technical drawings, and sketches
- Ability to effectively communicate written and oral instruction
- Ability to plan, assign, review and supervise one or more assistants
- Ability to perform heavy manual work
- Ability to work outside
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Skill in the use and care of tools and equipment essential to the stonemasonry and bricklaying trades.
- Valid BC Driver’s License desired
Business Unit/Department: Board of Parks & Recreation (1400)
Affiliation: CUPE 1004 Parks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: December, 2020
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-375: $39.53
Application Close: November 13, 2020
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE