US Compliance Specialist (Remote)Location: Full-Time Remote Position (Can work anywhere in Canada or the USA)
Stop where you are, and take a minute and a half out of your day to watch this video:
Now ask yourself – “is this the kind of workplace I want to be a part of? Do I want to join a values-driven company that will recognize my contributions, enable me to take full ownership of my work, and make a real, meaningful difference to my community, and world?”
If the answer to those questions is “yes” then we can’t wait to hear from you.
Ian Martin Group
We’re the Ian Martin Group () , one of North America’s most reputable and progressive recruiting companies, with 400+ employees, and offices all around Canada, the USA, and India.
We’ve been in the business of technical and executive recruiting for more than sixty years – and it’s not just about finding people to fill jobs. We see a world with each and every person pursuing meaningful work. And we’re chasing it with all we’ve got!
As our new US Compliance Specialist, your primary goal will be to utilize your US Compliance expertise to work directly with internal stakeholders, including our leadership team, sales, business development, operations, IT, customer service and our compliance team to ensure all departments of the business are complying with the rules, regulations, and laws, the company upholds.
You’ll bring a strong set of skills to the table and act as the senior subject matter expert in US compliance, supporting the business’ mission and core objectives. You will continually review, enhance, and update policies, programs and procedures to ensure compliance in core parts of the business including client and vendor contracts, employment legislation, human resources, health & safety, privacy and data security.
You’re hands-on, adaptive, confident, self-aware and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You have a strategic mindset and have your finger on the pulse of new staffing industry trends. You’re also highly intelligent, assertive and competent, which lets you build trusting relationships with everyone you interact with.
This is a unique role that allows you to roll up your sleeves and dig into projects that will result in high impact to the company. You’ll work in a unique, non-hierarchical culture, and work towards a common goal. As we continue to grow, so will the opportunities you encounter, and you’ll never find yourself without exciting, collaborative, and challenging work.
On a practical level, you will:
- Act as a liaison and build strong relationships with our clients, contractors, legal professionals, and government agencies to ensure that we stay abreast of the changes in our industry within the US.
* Collaborate with our internal teams to implement training & educational programs to drive compliance across our company.
* Review US contracts with clients and vendors and recommend and negotiate changes.
* Act as an advisor on projects, RFPs, and product implementations as they relate to compliance and risk mitigation.
* Handle escalation of US compliance questions, inquires, and issues from our employees, clients, and vendors.
* Partner with our Compliance team to promote and improve our US workers compensation insurance procedures.
* Stay up to date on labor legislation in the US and provide an impact assessment to management and the board on strategic implications related to labor law.
* Work with our IT group on projects related to cyber security and security compliance.
* Recommend changes to US contracts to mitigate financial exposure and operational risk.
* Audit and improve, State by State employment policies and payroll procedures
What’s it like to work at Ian Martin?
We were named on the 2020 Best Workplaces in Canada (#certified-organizations/view-sub-list-details/592fa912f2412f0881d983a5/) by the Great Place to Work Institute, named Best for Inclusion and Best for Women. We think that says a lot!
The Ian Martin Group is also a certified B Corporation () . B stands for Benefit, which means that our purpose goes beyond profits as we operate to benefit all our stakeholders and meet higher standards of social and environmental impact than the average company.
Add to that a really great team and culture, deep community involvement, and we think you’ll see why our employees are so proud to work here.
This is a full-time permanent position. Both during the pandemic and after, you’ll be doing your work remotely, anywhere in Canada or the USA. We offer a compensation package that includes a base salary, commensurate with experience, plus a comprehensive group benefits package.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of US compliance experience – mid-senior level management or lead position working in a similar role.
* Track record of balancing risk mitigation and business growth.
* Experience in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
* Ability to write clear and concise reports, make presentations, speak, and respond effectively to clients, employees, and contractors.
* Ability to do occasional overnight travel (US/Canada).
* Post-secondary education or experience in a Legal or Human Resources, Insurance, Workers’ Compensation or Health & Safety field is preferred.
* Staffing/recruitment, consulting or professional services business industry experience is an asset.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE