Job title: VP, Operations
Job description: We’d love to put your mind at ease while looking for a new opportunity during a pandemic.
Read about how we’re supporting #TeamThinkific during COVID-19 and how we’ve transitioned to working remotely.
Are you a senior operations leader with both the experience in and passion for scaling through extremely rapid growth? Have you helped scale organizations into hundreds (or thousands!) of team members? Are you able to roll up your sleeves to tactically execute with precision one minute and jump into and guide strategic planning sessions the next with ease? Do you thrive in environments where there is a constant drive for fast-paced improvement and change? If you’re looking for a big challenge that holds big opportunities, you’ll find that at Thinkific!
Thinkific is at an exciting time in our growth, having doubled our team to 240+ in the last 12 months with aggressive goals to double again by the end of 2021, and we need a senior operations leader passionate about scaling an incredible team to join us in this challenge! As our VP, Operations at Thinkific, you’ll be responsible for optimizing, building, coaching, and developing our high-performing Operations team while setting the company-wide approach to operational scale and cross-stakeholder ops as we grow.
Reporting directly to the COO, you will play a key role on our leadership team, working to refine our operations strategy as we continue to scale our business and offerings. As a hands-on leader, you’ll be excited about helping our team grow to support the entrepreneurs and small businesses we serve, and you’ll champion the success of our team as we continue to make Thinkific one of the best companies to work for on the planet. As a company, we’ve iterated on how we approach people, culture, and operations as much, if not more than, we have our product in our history. The only constant is a drive for constant improvement and growth, and as such, this role will continue to evolve at a rapid pace.
In this role, you will:
- Be a key owner in strategic organizational structure and design, supporting department leaders across the organization in mapping our growth strategy and required teams, departments, and related logistics
- Develop our company-wide approach to capability and process mapping and facilitating how this ties into talent acquisition, development, succession planning, etc.
- Provide strategic business support by establishing and coordinating an effective business partner system encompassing the Operations team, as well as connecting to People & Culture, Data, and Finance across the company
- Manage our operating cadence/company planning and goal achievement cycle (OKRs)
- Prepare, analyze, and present operational results and metrics to the board and broader team
- Work with teams across the company to assess needs and identify opportunities for improvement or change that aligns with our culture and people-first mindset, stemming from our quarterly engagement surveys and other inputs
- Hire for and establish our corporate IT function to support devices, tools, and access across our organization, working closely with compliance and security teams
- Lead our domestic and international expansion operations, including facilities, immigration and relocation strategy, total rewards, and logistics
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 8+ years of escalating professional experience, including at a senior leadership level
- Be eager to learn and grow-you likely hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or have significant professional experience in a similar role, and you continue to seek opportunities to level up your skills
- Have helped scale a company to hundreds (or thousands!) of team members while in a senior operations leadership role, with experience leading through the unique dynamics of rapid growth
- Be able to build forward-looking models and projections and present them under scrutiny
- Promote data-informed decision making and provide education on best practices across the organization
- Possess solid problem-solving and decision-making skills, with an emphasis on collaboration, consensus, and innovation
- Possess proven experience identifying, recruiting, and nurturing top talent in order to build and scale a high-performing team
- Be a standout coach and mentor. You’ve helped develop your team members by building upon their strengths and identifying areas of growth, and you’ve seen the impact of this work in your team’s career progression
- Leave your ego at the door to consider feedback, ideas, and suggestions from other department leaders and team members. You can pull together all of this information to determine what’s best and effectively relay this to a wider team
- Possess demonstrable experience getting things done. You’re known for executing consistently, rapidly, and effectively while considering both short-term needs and long-term needs, quality, and rapid iterative testing
- Know and understand the needs, requirements, and capacity of different stakeholders on an operations team, including cross-functional stakeholders, the COO, and executive leadership team.
- Have excellent communication skills-you can easily take complex concepts and ideas explain them to a number of different audiences
- Be data-driven to your core. You gather and review information from different sources and put your hypotheses to the test in order to guide product decisions
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Have experience supporting a distributed workforce
- Possess a strong understanding of SaaS Metrics and KPIs
Bonus points if you:
- Have the desire to drive creativity by developing an end-to-end process
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we’re building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Read What to Expect when Applying at Thinkific to learn about our hiring process (and how we put candidates first!)
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work-each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career-offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture-we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance (and sometimes, you do your best work in slippers)
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Our team spends time together outside of work, too-we have board game nights, have gone rock climbing, hosted family BBQs, a weekly cookie club (that’s right!), and each year, we host an annual retreat on Gambier Island
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific-you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Our office is close to major transit routes, bike-friendly, and centrally located at the intersection of some of Vancouver’s coolest neighborhoods
- Stay fuelled with healthy snacks, free coffee and tea, kombucha, and the occasional Friday beer and cider
- Hang out with the @dogsofthinkific (and yes, they’re as cute and cuddly as they look)
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Stay fit with subsidized gym access or by joining one of Thinkific’s sports teams
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work-we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
The #1 Podcast for Jobseekers
#19 – Innovate BC – Benefits of Hiring & Training Youth Workers
Interested in jobs like this?
Sign up for email alerts
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! The team at Thinkific has built software that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online co…
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 06:33:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE