* Burlington ON, and surrounding GTA cities
* Permanent, full-time position with benefits and vacation
* Valid drivers license requiredAre you an aspiring technician looking for a job opportunity with an established, stable, and growing company?
Are you a quick learner who is productive and likes to contribute to a team effort? If this sounds like you, then we want to meet you.
We’re Home Free Pest Removal () , a full-service, humane wildlife and pest removal company servicing the GTA and surrounding areas. With over 15 years of local expert experience, we specialize in dealing with nuisance wildlife such as raccoons, squirrels, bats, birds, skunks as well as mice, wasps and other common household pests.
We permanently removal animals that find themselves somewhere they’re not supposed to be. Whether we’re doing minor home renovations and installing one-way doors so animals can escape (but not get back in), or repairing the damage they’ve caused, we provide the very best in pest removal services.
With our stellar reputation, it’s no surprise that we’re busier than ever. Now, we’re looking to add a new Technician to join our team, could this be you?
As our new Wildlife Technician, you will:
- Provide exceptional wildlife and pest removal service and provide education to our clients on how to prevent future infestations.
* Inspect homes to determine the treatment option to eliminate and prevent reoccurrence of infestation.
* Assess property to determine the source, and extent of damage caused by pests.
* Seal off vulnerable areas of the home (e.g., roof and wall vents) to prevent future issues and apply a specially formulated wildlife exclusion caulking to gaps and reinforce areas that are prone to animal break ins.
If this role sounds interesting to you and you genuinely enjoy working as part of a team to do great work, this could be your next role.
The Right Fit
You’ll be well prepared to join our team if you’re comfortable working with tools and equipment, have experience working outdoors in all weather conditions and at heights.
You also possess the following qualities:
- You’re an excellent communication – you are clear and concise with your customers and your team. When you learn something new on site, you will share that knowledge with your team.
* You’re a proactive problem solver – when you encounter unexpected circumstances on site, you find creative solutions independently.
* You take initiative- you’re always trying to develop your skills. When you have a question, you ask, and you’re always on the lookout for learning opportunities.
* You take ownership of your work -you leave every job well done, clean, and complete. You take pride in what you build.
Free Pest Removal
This is a full-time, permanent position with longer days in the summer and shorter days in the winter. Sometimes, you’ll need to be willing to work outside of your core hours to accommodate requests for residential wildlife and pest removal services.
You’ll earn an hourly rate that is commensurate with experience. We also offer a comprehensive health benefits package, vacation time, and a company phone. After one year is completed, you’ll also have the opportunity to take part in our bonus structure model.
- Experience working with tools (hand and power)
* Experience working with ladders at heights and in confined spaces
* Experience and ability to work outside and tolerate all weather conditions (very hot summer days and extremely cold winter conditions)
* Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
* Physically fit and able to lift 50 pounds
* Ability to work with animal remains in addition to live animal removals
* Working at heights certification (asset)
How to Apply
Our online application will allow you to apply for this position as a complete person – not just a resume with key words. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.