Job title: Yard Associate & Driver
Job description: Job Overview: The Yard Associate effectively oversees inventory levels in the yard to satisfy customer deliveries and store transfers within a safe and damage-free environment. The Yard Associate works to achieve RONA’s Service standards and maximizing sales and gross margin while providing the customers with the best shopping experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Shipping/receiving of merchandise
- Review invoicing with detailed accuracy and minimal errors
- Building loads for next-day delivery as per invoice; ensure delivery is secured and ready to go for the next morning
- Unload trucks
- Review shipping documentation to confirm merchandise is as indicated, count and sign documents
- Shipping customers and ensuring accurate shipping quantities and invoice is paid and franked
- Displays RONA’s Commitment to Service and Initiatives
- Documentation and signage of forms and invoicing is accurate and complete, ensuring customer signs shipped complete
- Maintain yard and lumber materials
- Follow Standards & Procedures and work to ensure assets are being protected
- Reacts to any events that may affect the department by providing solutions and corrective actions
- Oversees the merchandising standards of the yard
- Follows all policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook, National Health and Safety Guide, Code of Ethics, and any other corporate communication
- Provides exceptional Customer Service while delivering materials to customers
- Prepares customer orders, picking product, securing on the skid and banding and wrapping according to weather and loading conditions.
- Prepares vehicle for delivery. Verifies that all products are securely loaded and protected from the elements and all accompanying paperwork is available.
- Operates vehicle to transport material to private homes and construction sites. Parks vehicle in designated area(s) and obtains necessary receiver signatures once unloaded.
- Follows all CVOR and MTO requirements including maintaining Driver Log Book.
- Performs routine vehicle maintenance including documenting daily inspections and ensuring safety equipment, straps and paperwork are in place.
Exigences du poste
- Positive attitude and providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Must hold a valid G class driver’s license
- Must be familiar with basic home building construction in order to sequence loads.
- High energy level which requires extensive physical exertion for full 8 hour shifts
- Exemplary listening, communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to endure the elements, i.e. work in any weather condition
- Effective time management and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented & strong organizational skills
- Flexible availability based on store needs (includes evenings and weekends)
- Able to work independently, take initiative, and maintain flexibility to provide colleagues support
- Proficient computer skills and basic math skills
- Has a high sense of urgency and drive; able to set priorities and deliver results within deadlines and ability to remain calm in stressful situations
Location: Vernon, BC
Job date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 04:45:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!
Note; Dear, this vacancy (or write up) is 100% FREE of cost, please don't pay any fee and DO NOT provide your financial documents, like Credit card/ Debit card and many more to anyone...
Please SHARE to help other people
Check if you qualify to work in Canada. It takes only about 1 minutes and it's FREE